Saturday 23 October 2021

BLAZES

                                  BLAZES

  



they lit my village on fire
and I stared at the burning torches in their hands
wondering what drove them to this
why did they have to break me

I ran house to house home to home asking for help
asking for the water to suffice
was given water in glasses 
to put down a blaze meant for masses 

none came to help 
none came to rescue
all they did was watch
while my relations burned down to ashes

we were not the phoenix to rise
all of me died somewhere in cinder
the villagers laughed
and I thought they were mine

in the end
I stared at the burning torches in their hands
wondering wasn't the torch in my hand
why didn't I start the fire  

                                                    pakhi



2 comments:

  1. Wonderfully expressed my dear Pakhi.keep it up God bless you beta


    ReplyDelete
  2. Most do not know what they are breaking or burning if you will. They do things the way they have been 'taught'. Ability to think differently, understanding and accepting change is what differentiates the grain from the chaff....
    Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete

ART

                                    ART what does an artist do of pain she dwells in his pain she lives her pain of love she lets the pain e...